November 12, 2008
Rep. Paul Broun is sorry for seemingly comparing Obama to Adolph Hitler.
Posted: 12:15 PM ET
From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
(CNN) — Republican Paul Broun is sorry for calling President-elect Barack Obama a ‘Marxist’ and comparing him to Adolph Hitler, the Georgia Congressman said Tuesday.
“I regret putting it that way,” he told WGAC radio in Augusta, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “I apologize to anyone who has taken offense at that.”
In an interview with the Associated Press earlier this week, Broun admitted to calling the future commander-in-chief a ‘Marxist’ at a recent Rotary club meeting, and said Obama has expressed support for policies similar to those of Hitler.
“It may sound a bit crazy and off base, but the thing is, he’s the one who proposed this national security force,” Broun told the AP. “I’m just trying to bring attention to the fact that we may– may not, I hope not — but we may have a problem with that type of philosophy of radical socialism or Marxism.”
Broun was specifically referring to a July speech by Obama, where the then-Democratic presidential nominee said he supports a civilian force helping the military when it comes to national security: “We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded [as the military],” Obama said in the speech that was largely a call to national service.
Responding to those comments, Broun told the AP Monday: “That’s exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it’s exactly what the Soviet Union did. When he’s proposing to have a national security force that’s answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military, he’s showing me signs of being Marxist.”
“We can’t be lulled into complacency,” Broun added. “You have to remember that Adolf Hitler was elected in a democratic Germany. I’m not comparing him to Adolf Hitler. What I’m saying is there is the potential.”
The Obama transition office did not respond to Broun’s comments, and in his interview Tuesday to WGAC, the first term congressman said, “The point I tried to make is that he is extremely liberal, he has promoted a lot of socialistic ideas, and it just makes me concerned.”
it is unfortunate that we cannot have ‘freedom of speech’. The LSD’s were freaking out and alleging this a few years back, when it was iffy … but it is becoming increasingly more real.
here’s some of the record so far:
– promised to ‘spread the wealth around’
– wants to track who owns guns
– wants to prohibit some kinds of private firearms ownership
– wants a ‘national police force’ to help the military
– has created his own methods of mobilizing the masses and disseminating information, departing from the traditional (and more accessible) methods. (Text messaging, his own website “Change.gov”)
– wants to break up network radio, limiting the ability to spread information even as the traditional form of television broadcast will be canceled. How are the elderly people – those who KNOW history and KNOW what is happening – going to see what is going on and spread the warning to their children? without accessible forms of media, they won’t. Obama wants that.
– is going to reverse some decisions of the Bush administration and the Reagan administration by using ‘executive orders’. This allows him to enact change he wants, without that cumbersome process of having congress vote, etc.
– supports genocide (infanticide of the poor, i.e. “abortion”) and Planned parenthood – an organization brought to power on the Eugenics ideas of Margaret Sanger – the SAME ideas that pushed the Nazis to execute Jews.
– His party tricked the undesirables (the homeless) into leaving the downtown area of Denver where the DNC was taking place, by passing out passes to art museums and providing ‘free bussing’. sound familiar?
– His propaganda artist, also pro-communism, is Shepard Fairey. Look him up. Look at his art.
– look at the ideals of his supporters? Pro Che Guevera. Anti-Israel. (he put in his chief of staff to squish rumors about him being anti-jew/israel, but that was *after* he was elected!). All are haters of America, and want anyone who displays pride in their country (wearing an american symbol: a flag, an eagle, etc), or who opposes infringement on their own rights by over assertive minorities to get the label of ‘fascist’ instead.
– look at the threat of violence that comes from his supporters … while that threat is absent elsewhere. LSD’s bring riots, arson, theft, vandalism, attacks on civil servants, screaming, yelling, and good old fashioned HATE everywhere they assemble … yet they still call everyone else ‘haters’ and ‘bigots’, and somehow get away with it!
– his got legal teams that hunt people down who oppose him, or who are brave enough to stand up and point out the dangers … they send threatening and intimidating letters, and use their widespread support and financial muscle to frighten the opposition. does THAT sound familiar yet?
– they are spreading hate against whites with “white privilege”, people with hard-earned money, people who didn’t buy everything on credit & fail to make the payments, people who are “bitter gun owners who cling to bibles and religion”. people who support the current president (Bush), or conservative politics, or capitalism, or real democracy. They claim to have no scapegoats … They claim to have no plan to take people down for their beliefs!
– last, and probably least, but certainly the thing that brought attention to the similarities in the first place: you’ve got a good public speaker. a dramatic public speaker, with his casual defiance at the tradition of placing a hand over the heart during the national anthem … a guy who builds his own ‘greek temple’ and uses pyrotechnics to “make you feel good”. a guy who really had nothing to say, other than reminding us how much we ‘don’t want another Bush!” and how all of his opponents were “just like George Bush!” and that “Bush” is responsible for all of society’s problems. as you saw him up there behind his podium, raising his fists, speaking strong and dwarfed by giant displays of his new nationalist ideas, what would have happened if you changed “George Bush” to “Jews”?
for all the strikingly similar propaganda, and the speeches and the riots and the intimidation and the ideas … you’ve got to be a stubborn fool to not admit there is more similarity to the dictator with the new guy than the old guy.
i’m sorry i post so frequently … but i’m trying to get it all out of my system before January 20th, because i’m certain it will somehow become illegal to speak out against the ‘president’. (in quotes, because i think the office is going to change into something it has not been in over 200 years, and i think a new definition will be in order.)
remember: socialism is ‘spreading the wealth’.
in marxist theory, socialism is the 2nd step in the 3 step process to communism:
capitalism -> socialism -> communism.
You are here.