“What the – ?”
So far I can only find the headline online … no story to back it up. Is this a prank pulled by the AP?
A person who watches the news really has to wonder WHY Obama could have won the Nobel Prize for peace. Here is a short list of my guesses (and yeah, I’m being a little facetious):
- – for hanging around with terrorists and being a puppet of an international conspiracy against the American people
- – for ignoring human-rights issues at the Summit of the Americas?
- – for cowering to other countries and dictators, and attacking America to appease them? (I’m sure the foreigners who decide on the Nobel peace Prize winner probably love the fact that an American President is finally on their ‘side’ in hating America)
- – for letting men (who are part of a known terrorist group) filmed intimidating white voters escape the legal consequences of obstruction of a polling place and making racial threats off with a “slap on the wrist”, rather than rotting away in a federal prison where they should have gone
- – for promoting abortion, the most widespread genocide (against children) in the history of the world
- – for expanding the reach of government to grant the President unprecedented power in controlling who can and cannot be on television, talk radio, and soon, internet access and blog content.
- – for spending trillions of dollars to further indebt the US to foreign countries, like China, and creating a “budget” that will continue to add dramatically to our national debt
- – for calling Law Enforcement “stupid” for making a valid arrest (of Skip Gates, who was caught breaking into a home he was renting, and then refused to cooperate with officers who asked for identification)
- – for appointing a “science czar” (John Holdren) who wrote a science textbook advocating abortion and forced sterilization as valid population control measures
- – for continuing the Iraq war and expanding the war on Afghanistan (despite promising to end the war)
- – for doing everything one man in a position of power could do to weaken America
- – for being the first black president (yeah, it’s not PC, but I figure if some of you want to think “he only got elected because he is black”, it is only natural to think “he only got the prize because he’s the first black president”)
OK. They finally added a story to the headline. let’s see what’s going on:
“… his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.”
“Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population.”
Wow. Despite being one of the most divisive Presidents ever, his record of promoting racial division and bipartisanship doesn’t matter on the international stage. He got this award on the faith of “hope” and “change”?
Something about that phrase bothers me: “must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population”
What are the values and attitudes of the world’s majority? Since I can’t sleep anyway, and I am an ignorant American, I’m going to find a few majorities:
- There are a lot of different types of government, but no one knows what the most common is:
- – according to answers.com, Federal.
- – according to ChaCha.com, Monarchy, Democracy, Constitutional Government, and dictatorship
- – Scholastic.com says it is Constitutional Government, including that used by China.
- Women serving in parliamentary/congress/senate roles: World Average: 18.5% (US: 22.0%)
- Most of the world (80%) lives on less than $10 a day, so compared to the US, they’re “poor”!
- The average life expectancy in the world is 65. In the US, it is 78.11
- Kids in the US outperform kids in other countries (except Finland) in literacy, so the world literacy rate has to be pretty low.
Obama is the fourth US President to receive the Peace prize; before him were notorious racist (seriously! He was a white-supremacist who once described blacks in politics as an “extraordinary carnival of public crime”) Woodrow Wilson, scapegoat for my liberal history professor Teddy Roosevelt, and economy killer and modern village idiot, Jimmy Carter.
I’d completely forgotten that Global Warming alarmist Al Gore, who was Vice President also co-won a Nobel Prize a few years back. Listening to Glenn Beck this morning, I heard another common thread between these winners: they’ve all been “progressive” politicians.
Fox News had an AWESOME article, simple and to the point: Obama was nominated 12 days into his presidency, so they accurately outline what he did in those first twelve days so we can all see How To Win The Nobel Peace Prize In 12 Days. A summary, taken from the article:
“The short path to the Nobel Peace Prize: Party, go to meetings, skip church, release federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries, party some more.”
I’d forgotten that, too … should have added to my list “sent US taxpayer money to pay for abortions in other countries”, and while I’m at it, “cut funding for watchdog group that reports human rights violations in Iran.” (yeah, Mr. Peace prize is aiding Iranian human rights abuses!). Judith Miller suggests that Obama was rewarded for “not being Bush” – which honestly is just as sensible a reason as anything else.
With a $ million+ prize in his pocket, I wonder who Obama will invite to his party when he skips church again this weekend? I know it’s just pocket change to the guy who became one of the wealthiest candidates in history, but it would be nice if he gave something back to the country who carried him into this position of worship – that same country he and the OA are running into the ground.
UPDATE #2: Huckabee just told the republicans not to say anything about the award because they’d look like “conservative whiners”. Instead, he urged them to keep quiet and let Obama’s supporters say why Obama earned the award.